Chonburi Buffalo Racing Festival
thai
#1 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 15-11-2023 13:01
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 3440

www.thai-dk.dk/uploads/2023-11-15%20101900.png

The Buffalo Racing Festival or Wing Kwai is one of the most exciting events of the calendar in Chonburi province. The annual race is held in celebration of the water buffalo as an icon of Thailand’s agrarian way of life, giving locals a chance to get together, compete in thrilling competitions, and enjoy delicious, local cuisine.

Dating back to 150 years ago, the event is perfect for anyone looking for a unique Thai experience that cannot be found elsewhere.

Read more https://www.thail...-festival/
Til forsiden  Til toppen  Til bunden
thai
#2 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 15-11-2023 13:03
Bruger avatar

Bruger

It's not something that you see everyday. Thailand's buffalo racing festival is a one-of-a-kind. A novel event that guarantees action, hilarity, cheering fans, beauty queens and all the fun of a rustic Thai temple fair. An annual spectacular in mid-October in Chonburi, a city an hour south of Bangkok, the races have been held for more than 100 years at the end of the Buddhist Lent

thai
#3 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 15-11-2023 13:04
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Today I learned that it's a bad idea to get in the way or stampeding buffalo! Let's take a behind the scenes look at a wild Thailand Water Buffalo Racing Festival. This was one of the wildest festivals I have ever seen here in Thailand. Join me as I give you a tour of this annual Water Buffalo Racing Festival in Chonburi, Thailand. Never have I seen so many buffalos and been able to get so close to them. These giant animals are so revered in Thailand as they are the backbone of farming here. This was such a wonderful experience and I am excited to share it with you all.

thai
#4 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 15-11-2023 13:07
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Buffalo Racing is a traditional sport that is very important in Thailand. It is an expression of attachment between the Thai people and their buffalo. With these animals traditionally used in the fields harvesting crops they were invaluable for the country. When it is free time from work, the people will bring their buffalo to race in order to strengthen them by. There is no historical evidence to show when this tradition started just some clues that it might have started around the Ayutthaya era.

In the early part of the Rattanakosin era around the time of king Rama 1 and Rama 2 evidence of Buffalo Racing is found in The Story of Phra Abhai Mani, the wedding celebration of Prince Srisuwan and Princess Kessara. And later in the time of king Rama 4 it is found that buffalo racing was popular for gambling as well and there was even a gambling tax for this by law.

Today, Buffalo Racing is still popular in Chonburi province. The event takes place at the municipality and Ban Bueng district of Chonburi province. In the past, it was only the local people who knew about this, but it has expanded until it has become a symbolic traditional event of Chonburi province and more well-known both locally and internationally. This is one of the remarkable traditions of Chonburi that has been organized for more than a century.

Gå til debat:

Lignende tråde

Emne Forum Svar Nyeste indlæg
Pattaya’s Holi Festival 2024 a Major Success Nyheder fra Pattaya 3 29-03-2024 11:29
Happy Holi Festival of Colours 2024 Returns on March 23rd to Pattaya Nyheder fra Pattaya 1 10-03-2024 05:33
A mass boxing dance ritual takes place during the 'MuayThai Soft Power Thailand' festival Billeder/Videoer fra livet i Thailand 1 07-02-2024 12:52
Chonburi Officials Confiscate Escaped Lions Kept as Pets in Residential Area videoer Fra Pattaya 1 27-01-2024 18:15
Pattaya — 15th Annual Naklua Walk and Eat Festival Kicks Off in Style Arrangementer 1 03-12-2023 16:29

Alt indhold på denne side er Copyright @ copy 2009 Thai DK Debat Forum Alle rettigheder forbeholdes Siden er optimeret til 1024 * 768